Welcome to The Alberta Chapter
- We now have 18 members in Alberta team! If you are interested in joining, please tell them to email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- In order to improve team efficiency, we decided to allocate tasks by establishing a regional committee. The positions will be elected by the CATA Alberta membership. (See details in upcoming event)
- Event: CATA Alberta membership Election
- Location: Survey Monkey (online poll)
- Time: January 2017
- The regional committee positions are:
- One to two Patient Engagement Coordinators: Responsible for brainstorming appropriate strategies for patient engagement and implementing them.
- One Events Coordinator: Responsible for coordinating the annual Walk to Fight Arthritis and hosting at least one other targeted networking opportunity throughout the year (e.g. conference presence, or stand-alone invited speaker event)
- One The Arthritis Society Liaison: Touch base regularly (e.g. monthly) with the Calgary The Arthritis Society office to relay any relevant information to trainees (e.g. webinars, volunteer opportunities, funding opportunities)
- One Regional Director: Participate in monthly teleconferences with national CATA exec and relay information discussed there to the rest of the committee; keep website up to date; coordinate documents (e.g. event applications and financials of the chapter)
- Event: Chapter Governance Meeting
- Location: Conference board room at the University of Calgary’s HRIC
- Time: December 14th from 4-5 PM
- Discussed Topics: The composition of the Alberta regional committee.
- Attendees: John Sevick and other 3 trainees.
Business Plans/Events in the Future:
- Inter-Province Lab Visits.
- Physician/Patient care Shadowing Program & Patient-Researcher Interview.
- Walk to Fight Arthritis